Honey Nut Power Bars
The Isle of Man is home to numerous honey producers. The sweet golden liquid is so good you probably have at least 1 or 2 jars in your kitchen cupboard right now! But other than spooning the stuff straight out of the jar and into your mouth… what else can it be used for?
On-the-go health bars are all the rage at the moment. But rather than spending a small fortune next time you are in need of an energy boost, why not make your own?
- Roughly chop nuts in a food processor.
- Roast nuts and oats for 5-10 minutes on a baking tray at 180°C (or until golden).
- Meanwhile, blend the dates in a food processor.
- Add the dates, honey and peanut butter into a saucepan, heat and stir until combined (add a splash of water if necessary to achieve runny texture).
- Take off the heat and stir the oats and nuts into the mix.
- Press into a parchment paper lined tray and cool in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from tray and cut into slices to serve.